Monday, February 17, 2014

US Math & Literacy Centers-- FREEBIE!

Happy President's Day!!! I hope you are enjoying your day off.  Holidays aren't just fun because you get some time off to spend with family.. they are also fun because you can plan a unit around them!  

Here are pictures of my US Math & Literacy Centers.  I did not create an entire unit because I always like to pull from others.  So, I created some things I found useful in my classroom.  They would be the perfect addition to any unit!  There are 4 math and 4 literacy centers.

1.  Measure America:  This math center can be done with unifix cubes, die cut stars, counters, or whatever you want to use.  I have added a strip of stars for you to use if you'd rather just print it in color.

 2.  Eagle Addition:  Count the stars, dots, stickers, or whatever you use add em up and write the number sentence.

 3.  Colorful stars:  My kiddos LOVE doing these pages.  Give them a magnifying glass and ask them to find the color word on the star.  Write it on their paper and color the star to match.

 4.  Washington Words:  I thought I'd change up the CVC station and ask them to think of a word using the word family.  Then, color Washington to match.

 5.  Lincoln Letters:  Find the letters, circle them with the correct color and count to see how many you found.  I added the "Extra Extra" at the bottom, because my class ability is always so wide spread.. I have some that will take FOREVER with this, and some that will finish in 2 minutes.. This will give an added activity, instead of just drawing on the back for fun.

 6.  Bald Eagle Blends: Look at the picture, say the word out loud and write the blend on your paper.

 7.  Starry Sight Words:  Find the stars that match, build the word, write it on your paper and color the star to match.  My kiddos LOVE doing this center as well.  

8.  Washington Roll & Cover:  And last but not least---- your FREEBIE!  Thanks for stopping by.  Click the picture to grab it.

To check out these math & Literacy Centers, plus all my Valentine centers click the picture below.  It's 20% off today!!!

Have a great rest of the day!  Follow my store and blog to continue to receive updates and freebies!

No comments:

Post a Comment